Our School Vision
As an inclusive and welcoming church school we work towards creating a respectful community with open hearts and open minds. We endeavour to ensure that everyone feels valued. We encourage children to work cooperatively in a caring Christian community, developing their full potential and mutual respect for all. We strive for our children and adults to be resilient to face any challenges and become a voice for change in the world where change is needed.
‘The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.’
Galatians 5: 22-23
Aims and Values:
Intent, Implementation and Impact of the Curriculum in Context document for our school.
The three I’s
We aim to:
• Provide a creative curriculum that is enjoyable and challenging
• Create an environment in which all feel respected, cared for and valued, demonstrated through our strong Christian ethos
• Work in partnership with parents, carers, the community, other agencies and the local church
• Recognise and celebrate achievements of every child, giving every one an equal opportunity to succeed
• Promote inclusion, tolerance and understanding including that of other cultures, traditions and religions
• Our ‘family’ atmosphere, and maintain this through good relationships and attitudes
• Our Christian ethos and heritage, which permeates through every area of school life
• Our commitment to high standards as we continue to strive for better
• Our links to the church and the wider community.
Our School Values
In 2014, our pupils took part in a number of activities to help them understand and develop a set of values which are meaningful to them. Whilst a number of values were shared and discussed, the children decided on 6 main values which we celebrate at Corringham School.