Hi there, we are the Super Squirrels!
We love to come to school to be with our friends and learn through play and exploration. There are 17 super children in Squirrel class and we are supported by Mrs Jones, Mrs Fillingham and Miss Woodhead.
Look at all the fun Squirrel Class have been up to so far this year…
We love to explore in our outdoor area….in the mud kitchen, the garden, building dens and riding bikes.
We love to use the water pump, use real equipment and be silly with our friends!!
We love to role play and pretend, make music, write and draw, play games together and create amazing buildings!
We are practising our team work skills with Friday Challenges!!
We use Read, Write, Inc at school to help us with reading, writing and spelling and Letterjoin to support us with handwriting. We love to explore Maths through real life opportunities and activities with the adults.
We think school is cool!
Come back soon to find out more about the different topics we will be exploring.
In Squirrel class, we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum using ‘Development Matters in The Early Years Foundation Stage’. Development Matters
Take a look at our curriculum topic overview and newsletter here:
Sqiurrels EYFS Curriculum Topic Planner 2019 – 2020
Autumn newsletter 1 sept 2019
We think these websites are really useful for helping your child to continue their learning at home.
Cbeebies Phonics Play Oxford Owl – interactive books Letterjoin
As parents and carers, you play a really important role in your child’s education. Here are some things you can do at home to help your child;
- Practise new phonemes (sounds) when they are sent home.
- Listen to your child tell or read a story. This can be the book sent home by school or a book of your child’s choice.
- Count objects around the home.
- Look for numbers, letters and words when you are out and about e.g. in the supermarket, car number plates, at the cinema.
- Encourage your child to practise writing. Get them to write a birthday card, a shopping list, label their toys etc.
- Do some baking or cooking and talk about the changes that happen e.g. melting chocolate, baking a cake, boiling an egg.