We are the Brilliant Badgers!
Welcome to Badger class. We are a mixed years 1 and 2 class and have lots of fun whilst we are learning. This year we have another adult to support us, Miss Woodhead, and we hope she enjoys being in Badger class as much as we do! Mrs Burnett is our teacher and we also have Mrs Cunningham and Mrs Moulds too.
This term, we have been learning about the four countries of the UK. We have been developing our map skills and finding the capital cities of each of the four countries. Do you know how many seas are around the United Kingdom? What are they called?
We have also enjoyed learning about Space during our special science week. Mr Bolsover started the week with a visit to school and shared his experience of visiting Russia and the Space Centre. It was really interesting. Mrs Burnett would like to say a big ‘thank you’ to all the parents who helped us to prepare space themed information for our Space Science Fair.
Our trip to Rand Farm Park was amazing! We had fabulous weather and were able to feed animals, hold rabbits and guinea pigs, bottle feed the lambs, watch a cow being milked and learnt about the life cycle of chicks too. We even got a ride on a tractor across the bumpy ground. Why not draw a picture of one of the animals we saw, label it and find out some facts about it … even create your own fact file or book on farm animals.
Home Learning during the school closure.
Here are some ideas for you to do whilst you are at home. You do not have to bring your work into school when we are back there, but if you have work you are really proud of, why not take a photo and email it to me, I would love to see what you have been doing. My email is Lesley.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bake a cake – which measures did you use?
- What do you really enjoy doing out of school? Design a poster giving other people information about it. Don’t forget to make it eye catching, use colour, pictures and wow words.
- Practise your times tables and the inverses (division).
- If you go shopping, look at the receipt and add up the price of four different items. What is the total? What coins would you use to pay for them?
- Get creative and write a story – remember the beginning, middle and end and amazing descriptive vocabulary.Watch a movie, write a review.
- Read a book.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle.
- Play outside.
- Make a den! Read a book in your den by torchlight.
- Identify different flowers and trees. Draw a picture of your favourite flower or tree and label it.
- Use the ICT Home Learning Links for more amazing activities. ICT home learning
- Catch up on your 2do’s on PurpleMash – remember your logins. Purple Mash website – https://www.purplemash.com/sch/corringhamcofevc
Year 1 Literacy English_Y1_Week_1
Year 2 Maths Maths_Y2_Week_1
Year 2 Literacy English_Y2_Week_1
Week 2 (wc 30th March)
Year 1 Maths Maths_Y1_Week_2 (2)
Year 1 Literacy English_Y1_Week_2 (2)
Year 2 Maths Y2_Week_2 (2)
Year 2 Literacy English_Y2_Week_2 (1)
Keep up with your spellings whilst you are at home.
Year 1 five, ride, like, time, side, home, those, woke, hope, hole
Year 2 want, watch, wander, quantity, squash, quality, squabble, squad, quad, quarrel
Year 1 June, rule, rude, flute, use, tube, tune, huge, cute, cube
Year 2 word, work, worm, world, worth, worst, warm, war, towards, ward
Click on the link to find different ways to help you learn them. Fun-ways-to-learn-Spellings-at-Home
Our Long term plan LTP 2019 2020
Take a look at our Science Curriculum too! Science 2019 2020
All children are taught continuous cursive handwriting in school https://www.letterjoin.co.uk/
Some useful websites …
Phonic activities Oxford Owl – interactive books
Interactive Literacy, Maths and Science activities
Group work designing and making rockets
Why do we have day and night? What happens to the moon during the day?
Programming BeeBots around the Solar System to explore different planets.
Preparing to launch their rocket mice! Which type of plastic bottle launched the mice the highest? Maybe you could try this at home using different types of plastic bottles.
Feeding hungry cows
Bottle feeding lambs. They soon guzzled the milk but were so strong that they nearly pulled the bottles from our hand